Image from Blue Soup.
In just under two weeks, PITB will be counting down our top 5 moments of Wizardous Sedinerie from the 2010-11 season, just as we did last year. Solemn guarantee: it's gonna be a sweet list. While there isn't a de facto number one this year, that doesn't mean the Sedins have been scoring boring. They've done some mind-blowing stuff this year.
I've managed to pare their ever-expanding highlight reel down to 12 wizardous plays, all of which are embedded after the jump. I'm angling for a top five, and I could use some reader input. If you've got the time (and I know you do, slacker), watch the clips. When you feel you've given each play a fair viewing, give me your five favourites, either in the comments, via tweet, using the hashtag #sedintop5. In two weeks, we'll unveil the official list.
Be warned, however: five minutes watching their highlights and you'll lose the ability to find joy in the simple play. The next time someone dumps the puck in instead of cutting across the blue line and making a drop pass to his identical twin, you'll scream at the television. You'll see an open guy, and wonder why his teammate didn't make the simple no-look, backhand saucer bank pass off the boards his defender was giving him. You'll see your guy getting crosschecked in the back and you'll wonder why he isn't calling for the puck. The Sedins are hockey ecstasy. The Sedins will ruin you.
- Vs. Avalanche, November 24, 2010 (Daniel Sedin)
- Vs. Lightning, December 11, 2010 (Henrik Sedin)
- Vs. Blue Jackets, December 23, 2010 (Henrik Sedin)
- Vs. Oilers, December 12, 2010 (Alex Burrows)
- Vs. Stars, December 31, 2010 (Henrik Sedin)
- Vs. Flyers, December 28, 2010 (Daniel Sedin)
- Vs. Sharks, January 03, 2011 (Daniel Sedin)
- Vs. Oilers, January 07, 2011 (Daniel Sedin)
- Vs. Stars, February 19, 2011 (Henrik Sedin)
- Vs. Sharks, January 20, 2011 (Henrik Sedin)
- Vs. Predators, March 29, 2011 (Alex Burrows)
- Vs. Kings, March 31, 2011 (Daniel Sedin)
Edit: the official list has been unveiled. Go HERE to check out which plays fell where.