Sunday, November 21, 2010

An Alibi is Born: Photos From the Nucks Misconduct Tweetup


From left to right: Richard Loat (@mozy19), Sean Zandberg (@nucksmisconduct), Harrison Mooney (@passittobulis), Yankee Canuck (@nucksmisconduct), Daniel "Skeeter" Wagner (@passittobulis), Chris Golden (@lyteforce), Brian Wawryshyn (@CanucksCorner), a guy, Katie Maximick (@canucksgirl44), J.J. Guerrero (@canuckshockey), Tony Smolock (@smoboy), and fellow person of colour Chuckles Canuckles. Maybe. I'm terrible with names. If you are mislabeled, please let me know in the comments. Please. I feel really bad about this. Thanks to the very kind Ian Walker for snapping the shot. No thanks to him for saying I look like Carlton Banks from the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.


In case you missed it, tonight's Canucks game was a real turd, perhaps even a festering one. The Canucks stunk up the place, falling to the Blackhawks 7-1. They literally stunk up the place. I imagine Rogers Arena had that hideous sleep smell that bedrooms have on clammy Sunday mornings, because a wave of narcolepsy swept over the Canucks during the first intermission. They continued to play while they slept (somnambulism), but it was apparent to all concerned parties they were riding a flying sleigh bed to slumbertowne.

Ian Walker says he once saw Bret "The Hitman" Hart plays the genie in a theatrical version of Aladdin. That sounds atrocious, but I figure I would have been more impressed with his play than I was with Vancouver's play tonight.

Thankfully, the evening was salvaged by the Nucks Misconduct tweetup, which brought together a litany of Vancouver's finest blogging talent. As well as the abovementioned hosts, folks from Canucks Corner, Canucks Hockey Blog, Canucks Army, and Nucks Misconduct were all in attendance. Also, the Vancouver Sun's Ian Walker for some reason, yours truly, and fellow Bulie Skeeter, my hetero blog wife. We crammed into our designated corner of the Forum Sports Bar and proceeded to bond over our common affliction: Canuck Badness Madness. The Canucks were bad, and we were mad.

It's bizarre to get together with a bunch of strangers you feel like you already know. I was reminded of that scene in the X-Files when Scully meets all those women who had also been abducted, and they all recognize one another, and discover they have microchips implanted in their necks. That's what this was like, except with bloggers and, for some reason, Ian Walker.

Anyway, it was a lot of fun and everybody was great. I look forward to the next time we can all get together.

Of note: if you're waiting around for tonight's I Watched This Game, it's not coming, sugar. It'll go up tomorrow afternoon when I am much less yawny. My yawns are three minutes apart, which means my bedtime is about to crown. I go now to birth sleep.

6 comments:

  1. Cunning linguistics as always; oddly, now I know what you look like; sadly, you are not the debonair Carlton, nor Carlton Your Doorman...sleep well

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do wish my first photo op for PITB came after my fuzzy Movember lip-tumor was gone. But such is life.

    I've gotten Carlton comparisons my whole life. I hate it, but it's nearly a weekly occurrence nowadays. I guess it's time to put on a Tom Jones record and dance to the music of fate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. right after they scored their goal, the crowd started chanting '6 more goals' ...that was a high point. as was mini-fin (adorable) and our efforts to boo kane whenever he touched the puck. but it seemed only my brother and i were participating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm saddened that you posted the pic without me (he took two, I missed the first one due to an intense conversation with my beer), but the public wins on that one. Great meeting you guys... grrr...bald 'nucks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That second picture was taken with someone else's camera. I'm not sure whose camera it was.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it was yankee canuck's

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...