Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Vancouver Wellwoods Need Your Help

You might recall The Vancouver Wellwoods, PITB's official, adopted women's street hockey team. These Play On! Burnaby champions (and adorable young ladies) have united under the Wellwoodian philosophy "Training = Cheating," and are one of six women's street hockey teams invited to Hockey Day in Canada's Play On! national championship in Victoria. And now they need our help. Take it away, team captain Morgan Tierney:
The Vancouver Wellwoods have been challenged by CBC to get 200 people to click "Like" at the bottom of our team page.

If we can get 200 fans faster than any other team in the National Championship tournament, fabulous prizes and (we assume) international fame await us. Since you and your fans seem to have the same appreciation for all things Wellwood as we do, I figured I'd invite you all to like us!

Our schedule will be posted on February 1st for anyone who wishes to cheer us on in person in Victoria.

And finally, I should let you know that we are currently working on a viral video masterpiece to pay tribute to our namesake, showcase our skills, and most importantly, convince Kyle that he would be better off coaching us than he would be playing for the Sharks.

To the Bulies: make sure you Like this team. They are PITB's team, and therefore, they are your team. (And while you're at it, don't forget to Like PITB on Facebook as well.) To the Wellwoods: make sure we get a copy of this viral video, and good luck at the National Championship.


15 comments:

  1. Thanks, Bulies!! May Kyle Wellwood be with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. done, they're at 175!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And now they're at 199. Man, that was fast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did they win, or...?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Guarantee you they won: the only other team with any votes had 8. I'm pretty sure the Wellwoods now have the biggest fanbase in the tournament.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They definitely beat the other five women's teams. I'm curious if they beat out the 60 men's teams too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We came in 2nd, if you can believe it!!

    "The Rocky Mountains" beat us by 30 minutes. We need to keep our "Like" total up, though, because there will be a Round 2 of this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dang, should have realized it would be between all of the teams regardless of gender. Oh well. I still like the Wellwoods, so I will continue to like them on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will definitely come to see the Wellwoods in Victoria! I will make a sign and everything. I may even live tweet it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, over 300 Likes in one day... thanks again, everyone!! I know I've made it big because my photo account has crashed due to excessive bandwidth.

    We're hoping to get more fans out in Victoria than any other team. Signs are encouraged, and I'm getting the team a Twitter account so that the other "Wellies" and I can live tweet from the tournament!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good call, Captain Wellwood. We'll continue to follow your progress, if you'll continue to let us know when interesting things happen.

    Sorry about crashing your photo account. We've uploaded the photo ourselves this time, so now you won't have to shoulder the bandwidth.

    We should establish, by the way, that since your name is Morgan and you're the captain, you're doing yourself a disservice in not going by "Captain Morgan".

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah yes, "Captain Morgan," the one nickname I can never shake. Might as well embrace it, I suppose. As a goalie/captain, I knew it would only be a matter of time before I let media pressure get under my skin ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...