- "Okay, Mr. VanMassenhoven. Pick a number, then a colour, then a number."
- "A lot of people said I was crazy to hire an all-blind team, but look at us now. Oh right, you can't."
- "It's hard to make out... can we zoom in? Why did we pick such a dirty coin? I can't read heads or tails. Inconclusive."
- "I'm torn. Both teams are from Canada, but we have to rule in favour of one of them."
- "Wait, zoom in. Is that a tattoo?"
- "I can't see it on camera, but I was just reading about object permanence. Did you know it has to be somewhere?"
- "If you listen closely, you can hear him thinking about blowing the whistle just before the puck goes in."
- "Hey, this is alfredo sauce! I said pomodoro sauce! This is the last time we order Italian. Rule against Luongo."
- "Bad news, guys. We've all gotta stay late--I just found out the Canucks play tonight. Hey! Relax. Your beef is with Vancouver, not me."
- "I don't think that should count. The goalie couldn't see it."
- "Good news, guys! The NHL has asked us to pick the musical act for the All-Star Game. Let's put our heads together and see if we can't come up with something everyone will like."
- "Okay, I was just looking through yesterday's logs, and it says here that someone ruled in favour of Buffalo. What the Hell! We've talked about this!"
- "This clip is boring. Change it to Two and a Half Men."
- "Did anyone else see Double Moustache Man?"
- "That's a clean hit. The head is part of the shoulder, right?"
- "I'm so sick of the officials calling us. Do we have to hold their hand through everything?"
- "Hey, switch to the net cam. Ha ha, look how big his ass looks."
- "The puck is black, right?"
- "Tell them we couldn't see the puck so the call on the ice stands. Gosh, this will be a lot easier when the power comes back on."
- "Get the Braille rule book."
Monday, January 24, 2011
Posted by Harrison Mooney
I know, I know. I did this joke yesterday. Cut me some slack. I can't even fully explain how much fun these are to come up with. You should try it. Tweet us @passittobulis, with the hashtag #NHLWarRoomQuotes. Here are twenty more things overheard at the NHL War Room: