Wednesday, December 01, 2010

I Find This Photo Odd: Double Moustache Man Edition


I know the eyes are drawn to the surly cartoon villain features of Brent Sutter, but the real star of this photo is the facial hair of the man to his left. Unlike any beard I have ever seen, this Flames fan appears to be growing separate moustaches for his upper and lower lips. This guy was behind Sutter all night. During bench shots, I kept seeing him and wondering, just what in the heck is going on there?

Perhaps it's a tribute to a classic Sigur Ros album. Perhaps he's very sensitive about his otherwise thin lips. Whatever the purpose, his unfortunate double moustache makes him look like an Amos n' Andy photo negative. Somebody should tell him that when Movember ends, you shave off your moustache, you don't give it a playmate.

I'm sure he's a very nice man and I mean him no disrespect, but this is some odd way to decorate one's face. Quasi-beardishness of this sort is odd, and as a result, I find this photo odd.

9 comments:

  1. This is ridiculous.
    Good on your for catching it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could not stop thinking, "What is that?!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw that guy too. I thought his mouth was covered in sweet, delicious, chocolate frosting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, I noticed this during the game! Glad you posted it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Couldn't tear my eyes away from that follicular car wreck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best part is that he isn't the weirdest looking guy in the frame.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like Sutter just caught a glimpse of him in his peripheral vision and is saying, "What the hell is that?"

    ReplyDelete
  8. its winter guys, geez i know ur young but "lip warmers" didnt go that outta style, did they?

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know, with a guy like that sitting behind the bench, I'm thinking the 5D on the ice at one time probably had more to do with 5 guys who happened to get away quicker than the rest.

    Seriously.. I've seen combovers look better.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...