Wednesday, December 08, 2010

More Canuck Poetry

I don't really have much in the way of excuses for these. I wrote some limericks and haiku for the Canucks. I was sort of inspired by the recent Luongo-Duthie collaboration, but really, some of these have been in the works for a while. The Canucks are a team that inspires poetry. Here's some for everyone.




Of NHL goalies you meet
Tommy says Bobby Lu's most complete.
It's because Luongo
Rhymes with Bingo-Bongo
It's a name that Brodeur just can't beat.

When Canucks get hit,
Recite haiku and drop gloves.
Poetic justice.

My dogs, though it may seem absurd
Are like the Canucks, I have heard.
Like my dogs in the yard
The Canucks battle hard
In their long struggle to #WinDaTurd

Just for Tanner Glass
I wrote this heartfelt haiku.


A much-maligned D-man of late
Plays top minutes and still performs great.
Still, few will defend
This beast of the back end
To trade him, Canucks fans can't wait.

If Gillis is God
How can Luongo be God?
This does not compute.

They left the team against their will
The new players are better, but still
We loved Kyle and Jan
And now that they're gone
There's a hole only Torres can fill.

We're winning a lot.
Too much, in fact... I've got it:
Let's trade Bieksa

6 comments:

  1. Back story on that: My dogs fight over who gets to eat poop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, the Tanner Glass one has no third line. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe that's some kind of meta-humor... very sharp (like Glass).

    ReplyDelete
  4. It took me a minute, but once I got it the Tanner Glass haiku became my favourite one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It also struck me later today that "No Third Line For Glass" would have completed the haiku perfectly. Pure gold. COMIC GENIUS!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...