Here's Yann Sauve, discussing the circumstances surrounding his callup with Jim Jamieson over at the White Towel:
“My mom didn't believe it,” said Sauve. “She thought I was kidding because I always do this, but they were really happy even though they were half asleep.”
Wait, what? He says, "I always do this," he says. Now, it's possible that "this" is kidding around, but I think maybe "this" is calling his parents in the middle of the night to tell them elaborate and shocking lies. Does Yann Sauve wake and terrify them for his own amusement? Yes, I believe he does. It's his favourite prank. Here are a few of Sauve classics:
- Mom, Dad, wake up, I'm on fire!
- Mom, Dad, wake up, I'm trapped on a speeding bus that can't go below 55 miles per hour!
- Mom, Dad, wake up, I'm being held hostage by Kubrickian dogs!
- Mom, Dad, wake up, I've been elected premier!
- Mom, Dad, wake up, I've declared martial law!
- Mom, Dad, wake up! I've been hit by a car!
Anyway, he clearly sucks at pranking, so he should help fill the void left by Keith Ballard.