Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I Find This Quote Odd: Yann Sauve Edition

Yann Sauve calls his parents in the middle of the night to alarm them for his own amusement.

Here's Yann Sauve, discussing the circumstances surrounding his callup with Jim Jamieson over at the White Towel:

“My mom didn't believe it,” said Sauve. “She thought I was kidding because I always do this, but they were really happy even though they were half asleep.”

Wait, what? He says, "I always do this," he says. Now, it's possible that "this" is kidding around, but I think maybe "this" is calling his parents in the middle of the night to tell them elaborate and shocking lies. Does Yann Sauve wake and terrify them for his own amusement? Yes, I believe he does. It's his favourite prank. Here are a few of Sauve classics:

  • Mom, Dad, wake up, I'm on fire!
  • Mom, Dad, wake up, I'm trapped on a speeding bus that can't go below 55 miles per hour!
  • Mom, Dad, wake up, I'm being held hostage by Kubrickian dogs!
  • Mom, Dad, wake up, I've been elected premier!
  • Mom, Dad, wake up, I've declared martial law!
  • Mom, Dad, wake up! I've been hit by a car!

Anyway, he clearly sucks at pranking, so he should help fill the void left by Keith Ballard.

3 comments:

  1. Mom, Dad, wake up! I've been called to stop an unmanned train containing dangerous chemicals traveling at 70 miles per hour before it derails into a highly populated city!

    Mom, Dad, wake up! I've been named starting goaltender!

    Mom, Dad, wake up! Kyle Wellwood and Sean Avery just asked me to prom! Who do I go with?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man that last one... "Mom, Dad, wake up! I've been hit by a car!" hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are we gonna see version 2 of this one? Haha. I have my own additions...

    "Mom, Dad, wake up! I need a glass of water!"
    "Mom, Dad, wake up! I got my first NHL hat trick before I even scored my first NHL goal!"
    "Mom, Dad, wake up! This is game 7 of the Stanley Cup final!"
    "Mom, Dad, wake up! I scored the Stanley-cup winning goal in game 7 in triple-overtime!"

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...