Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Tanner Glass Scrabble Battle Is On

How did he get a shirt? We don't even have one yet.

Ladies and gentlemen, the Tanner Glass Scrabble challenge is officially a go. If you'll recall, back in November, we issued an open challenge to the Canucks' grinder, calling him out and questioning his Scrabbling abilities (which, rumour has it, are questionable). Two weeks later, shockingly, Tanner Glass accepted. Also, there were t-shirts. We promised to update everyone in the new year.

Well, here's your update: Tanner, the Canucks, and PITB have come together, and the Scrabble Battle will go down Wednesday, February 23, at 3pm. We're stoked. Here's Derek Jory of Canucks.com with the details:

Whether Harrison Mooney, half the manpower behind PassItToBulis.com, was serious or not when he posted an open Scrabble challenge to Tanner Glass after hearing the Vancouver Canucks forward reveal he is an avid player on road trips on the Team 1040, Glass has accepted and the stage is now set for the first ever Scrabble Battle.

The inaugural Scrabble Battle will pit Glass and Mooney in a one-hour showdown of everyone’s favourite word game on Wednesday, February 23rd at 3 p.m. PST; fans can follow each player’s moves as they happen on Canucks.com/scrabble via the virtual game board and by following @VanCanucks on Twitter.

The goal of the Scrabble Battle is to raise as much money as possible for Canucks for Kids Fund. All proceeds from the t-shirts go directly to Canucks for Kids Fund, (CFKF) which has reached communities throughout BC by granting more than 32 million dollars benefiting areas of health and wellness, grassroots hockey and education since 1986.

If you want to show your support for either Team Glass or Team Mooney, pledges are also being accepted with all funds generated again supporting CFKF. The hook here is that the player who raises the most money by the morning of the 23rd will get to play first during the Scrabble Battle.

And that's that.

The best thing ever? In the header photo, Tanner is mimicking his pose on the shirt while wearing the shirt. It's very meta. It's like the Inception, but with shirts.

Here's the deal, Bulies: please, please, for the love of all that is good, go donate money on my behalf. I want that first move and I need all the help I can get. I'm not sure if you know this, but Tanner Glass has some wealthy friends. This one Italian guy he knows is making 10 million this year. This other Italian guy he knows pays the first Italian's guy salary. Suffice it to say, I'm in tough.

But so help me if Glass gets that first play. I could wind up playing from behind all game, and that's unacceptable. And so help me if I lose. If that happens, I'm retiring from blogging forever. Disclaimer: no I'm not.

Anyway, #TeamMooney.

24 comments:

  1. Great to hear it's so soon! I remember having a laugh about this way back in November, thinking how funny it'd be but, also not thinking it would actually happen. As great as it is to see it coming to life, this has to be a little surreal for you guys eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. More than a little. We'll try to keep our heads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll definitely be getting a t-shirt if I can find someone to pick one up for me, I HATE living in Alberta. Will also donate some money on your behalf. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That this is happening is very cool. ^_^ Good luck! I'll definitely be donating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm stoked that we can watch the play by play! Dang!

    How are you at performing under pressure?

    ReplyDelete
  6. If Tanner Glass is ever traded or signs somewhere else, I will commit Hari-Kari. He needs to retire a Canuck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. just donated for you Harrison...make us bulies proud!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The winner should play my mother-in-law. I have only seen her beaten once.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So I guess I'd better come over there and buy some tshirts, hey?

    Honestly this is PRETTY EXCITING. I think I'm cheering for team Tanner - he is, after all, a champ - but I'm living vicariously through you, Harrison Mooney. THROUGH YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Did you just ask me to beat your grandmother, PCG? I definitely don't advocate violence towards the elderly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maybe I'm a little behind but...where can we buy t-shirts??

    ReplyDelete
  12. The shirts will be available exclusively at the Canucks team store. We wanted to have them available online, but there were complications.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well that sucks a bit. I'll have to enlist a friend to snipe one for me then. When will they be available? Next week some time?

    ReplyDelete
  14. They're available now. They're also limited edition, so you might want to tell your friend to hurry. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. How much are the shirts? I'm gunna pick one up to wear and one to collect haha.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic! Go Team Mooney! I suspect there will be a lot of people taking a late lunch, early leave, or just doing diddly at 3pm that day. I can't wait! Congrats on getting this going. And good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  17. In the word of Barney Stinson, Legen - wait for it - dary!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sooo stoked for this. I turned to my sister today to ask if she saw the news and we came to the conclusion that scrabble shirts are a must.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I know a girl who's going to take a trip downtown, soon ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Will there be a live viewing? Media coverage? How do I get tickets? Unless its just in Harrison's living room. In which case... how do I get tickets?

    ReplyDelete
  21. About the t-shirts - are they only going to be available for a limited time? I live out east, and will be in Vancouver in the summer, but desperately want one.

    Also, side bar, I played Scrabble last weekend, and I played "Jeopardy". It was the TSN turning point.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love Glass's post where he calls you guys 'witty'; a total 'he likes you, he really really likes you' moment. Now, take him down Scrabble-like. But don't hurt him too much, we really really like him, too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Any chance one of those shirts could make it's way to Australia? Rogers Arena is fair old drive for me.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yeah what's the shelf life for limited edition gear? I don't want to miss out! I better get my butt down there. Hey just curious, can you tell me the sizes the Tees come in off hand?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...